tldr pages browser extension
📚 A browser extension for tldr-pages.
Get the extension:
- For Edge: Microsoft Edge Add-ons
- For Chrome: in the Chrome Store.
- For Firefox: Firefox Browser Add-ons.
How it works
- Highlight and right click a command on your webpage and select
tldr-pagesin the drop down - a tooltip should appear with information fetched from tldr-pages.
Loading Extension for development
- The extension is yet to be released to the chrome webstore.
- Ensure you compile styles and install the needed libraries running the following commands:
npm i npm run process-styles
- To load the extension, download the repository and open the extension preferences in Chrome/Chromium based browsers (go to
chrome://extensions). Click the box marked as
Developer modeand click the button
Load unpacked extension...after which you can navigate to the project directory and load tldr-pages.
👷♂️ There is work in progress for this extension
Feel free to contribute 😀!!
Copyright (c) 2017 Tom Hill
Modifications to the theme and codebase Copyright (c) 2021 Raúl Piracés @piraces_
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.